Sunday, March 22, 2009

03/22/09 Good News Deb's Home!!

Yes, you heard correctly Deb is home!! She came home on Tuesday and with getting her situated and making sure we know exactly what we need to do for her we have been very busy. I think we have everything under control now and she is doing great. She goes to dialysis every Mon, Wed and Fri from 10am to 2pm. She feeds through her port every night from about 8pm to 9am the next day, which has been working. She takes some medication throughout the day and she asks for her pain meds seldom, which is wonderful. We love having her home and seeing her improve everyday is a dream come true. The kids love to see their auntie Debbie and I think her being home is helping her get much stronger. She walks around the house for exercises and she even fold my laundry. She sits outside in the patio for fresh air and likes to sit in the living room to watch TV with us all. So, overall Deb is doing great. Her next doctor visit is this Thursday and her next kemo treatment is April 13th. If anyone would like to talk to her please feel free to call her at my home 909-591-9962.

On behalf of my family I would like to say thank you very much for all the kind and generous donations. Everyday we get the envelops and I can't tell you enough how much it truly means to us all. My sisters recovery is a blessing from each and everyone of you and I thank you from the bottom of my heart. We love you all and thank you.

Love,

Michelle Ferreira-Fuentes

2 comments:

  1. Hi Michelle,

    So glad to hear that Debbie is home!! I have been trying to figure out how to make a donation and buy a bracelet. Can you please guide me?

    Please tell Deb I said Hi and that my thoughts and prayers are with her!!

    Thank you,
    Jo Linda (Karlberg) Goodrich

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Michelle,
    can you post an address for people to mail their donations to?
    Blessings to your family and give Deb a big hug for me.

    ReplyDelete